THE INDIAN NAVY
INVITES APPLICATION FROM
UNMARRIED MALE INDIAN
CITIZENS FOR RECRUITMENT
AS STEWARDS, COOKS AND TOPASSES
FOR MR/NMR 02/2014 BATCH
COURSE COMMENCING OCTOBER 2014
1. Eligibility Conditions.
(a) Age. Age 17 to 21 years as on 01 October 2014 (born between 01 October 1993 and 30 Sep 1997, both dates inclusive)
(b) Education Qualification
(i) Stewards : Matric (10th Pass)
Matric Recruits (MR)
(ii) Cooks : Matric (10th Pass)
(iii) Topasses : VIth Class – Non Matric Recruits (NMR)
PAY AND PERQUISITES
2. Pay & Allowances: During the initial training period, stipend of Rs.5700/pm will be admissible but on successful completion of initial training an amount equal to the minimum of scale as mentioned below, less stipend already paid, shall be admissible with retrospective effect. Sailors are entitled to Food, Accommodation, Uniform, Medical Treatment, Group Housing Benefits, LTC and other privileges at government expense. On completion of initial training, they will be placed in the Pay Band Rs.5200-20200. In addition they will be paid Grade Pay @Rs.2000/-, plus MSP @Rs. 2000/- , plus DA. Adequate insurance cover is available at a nominal premium. Sailors also have the privilege to avail annual leave & casual leave every year subject to service exigencies. Children education and house rent allowances are also admissible. Post retirement benefits include pension, gratuity and Leave encashment as per current regulations.
3. Promotion: Promotion prospects exist up to the rank of Master Chief Petty Officer-I (equivalent to Subedar Major) with pay scale of Rs 9300-34800 plus Grade Pay @Rs.4800/- Plus MSP @Rs. 2000/- plus DA. Opportunities for promotion to commissioned officer also exist for those who perform well and qualify the prescribed examinations.
4. Selection of recruits is based on the order of merit on their performance in Written Test, Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and fitness in the Medical Examinations.
5. Written Test:
(a) The question paper will be bilingual (Hindi & English) and of objective type.
(b) The question paper for Stewards and Cooks will comprise of four sections i.e. English, Maths, Science and General Knowledge and will be of one-hour duration. The syllabus for the written examination is available on website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in
(c) The question paper for Topass will comprise of two sections i.e. General Awareness & Arithmatic and will be of 45 minutes duration.
(d) The candidates are required to pass in all sections and also in aggregate.
6. Physical Fitness Test (PFT):
(a) Qualifying in Physical Fitness Test is mandatory.
(b) PFT will consist of 1.6 Km run to be completed in 7 minutes, 20 squat ups (Uthak Baithak) and 10 Push-ups. Candidates undergoing PFT will do so at their own risk.
7. Medical Standards:
(a) Medical examination will be conducted by authorised military doctors as per medical standard prescribed in current regulations applicable to sailors on entry.
(b) Minimum height 157 cms. Weight and Chest should be proportionate. Minimum Chest expansion of 5 cms. Height may be relaxed for Tribal candidates as per the prevailing regulations.
(c) Good mental, medical and physical health free from any disease/ disability, which in the opinion of designated service Medical Officer is likely to interfere with efficient performance of duties.
(d) No Cardio- vascular disease, surgical deformities like knock knees, flat feet etc , infection of ears, no history of fits or psychiatric ailment, varicose veins etc. Colour perception: CP II.
(e) Medical standard should be as per the detailed guidelines issued by IHQ MoD (Navy) in NO (Spl) 01/2008.
(f) Candidates are advised to get their ears cleaned for wax and tartar removed from teeth prior to examination.
9. Permanent body tattoos are only permitted on inner face of forearms i.e from inside of elbow to the wrist and on the reversed side of palm/ back (dorsal) side of hand. Permanent body tattoos on any other part of the body is not acceptable and candidate will be barred from recruitment.
10. Enrolment Medical: All select list candidates who are issued with an offer of enrolment will have to undergo an Enrolment Medical at INS Chilka prior to enrolment. Candidates found “unfit” during this medical examination will not be enrolled for training. No “appeal” is permitted for review after the enrolment Medical at INS Chilka.
TRAINING AND INITIAL ENGAGEMENT
11. Training: The training for the course will commence in October 2014, with 15 weeks Basic Training at INS Chilka followed by Professional training in the allotted trade in various Naval Training Establishments. Sailors are liable to be discharged as UNSUITABLE due to unsatisfactory performance at any time during the training. The initial engagement is subjected to successful completion of training. The initial engagement is of 15 years.
12. The application format is attached. The selection procedure is as follows:
(a) Application will be received only through ORDINARY POST. Application received through speed post/ registered post or couriers will be rejected.
(b) Short-listing criteria will be based on higher education and percentage of marks.
(c) Call up letters to eligible short listed candidates will be posted, indicating date, time and place for Written and Physical Fitness tests, which are scheduled during Mar-Apr 2014. The candidates also check their call up lettter details on website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in by entering their personal particulars.
(d) All original certificates and mark sheets are to be produced at the time of written examination.
(e) Results of the Written Test will be announced on the same day.
(f) Candidates qualifying written test will undergo PFT and Medical Examination, which may take 01-02 days.
(g) Candidates declared medically Temporary Unfit in the initial recruitment medical examination can avail specialist review from the specified Military Hospital within a maximum period of 21 days. No further review/appeal is permissible.
(h) Candidates declared Medically Permanent Unfit in the initial recruitment medicals can appeal for specialist opinion in a Military Hospital within 21 days on payment of Rs. 40 /- by Military Receivable Order (MRO) on Government Treasury. (Medical fitness certificate other than that of the specialist opinion in the designated Military Hospital will not be considered). No further review/appeal is permissible.
(j) The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all respects depending upon the available vacancies. The select list will be available on website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in on 28 Aug 2014. All candidates whose names appear in the Select list and have been declared medically fit in the Recruitment Medical would be required to report to INS Chilka. However, enrolment will be subject to Enrolment Medical fitness at INS Chilka.
(k) The candidature of candidates selected is valid for the current batch only. Qualified candidates whose names do not appear in the final merit list cannot claim admission for the next batch. These candidates will have to undergo the selection procedure afresh, provided that they meet the eligibility criteria for the fresh batch.
(l) Call Letter for Final Medicals at Chilka will be forwarded only to medically qualified candidates in the select list. Unsuccessful candidates will not be intimated separately.
(m) All select listed candidates will also be forwarded Police Verification form alongwith the Call letter for final medical examination and the candidates will be required to submit the same to INS Chilka after getting their antecedents verified on these forms from the concerned district police authorities. Candidates without the verified police verification reports will not be eligible for enrolment. The format for the police verification form can also be downloaded from the website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in immediately after the declaration of select list, to ensure timely verification.
(n) No enquiry will be entertained regarding recruitment/enrolment after a period of six months.
HOW TO APPLY
13. Application Form: Application form will be available on website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in. The candidates can apply in dual mode online as well as manual. The procedure for applying online is as follows:-
(a) Candidates are to apply online through website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in from 10 Dec 13.
(b) Before filling online application, keep relevant documents like matriculation certificate and mark sheet ready for reference.
(c) Filling up of information like Email ID is compulsory.
(d) Click on “Sailors Entry” button under ‘Apply Online’ on the home page of website www.nausena-bharti.nic.in.
(e) Fill up the form completely. Before clicking the ‘Submit’ button make sure all the details are correct.
(f) Print two copes of the online application form. One copy duly signed, alongwith attested copies of relevant documents, NCC certificate (if held) & one self addressed envelope of size 22×10 cms with Rs 10/- stamp affixed on envelope to be forwarded at the address given below.
(g) Write on the envelope “Online MR/NMR Application-02/2014 batch & Post ………………..
(h) Last date of registration of online application is – 20 Dec 2013
(i) Physical receipt of application at this office before 29 Dec 2013 will be the final confirmation of receipt.
(j) Online application will be further scruitinised for eligibility and may be rejected if
found not eligible in any respect.
(k) Photographs. The Photograph pasted on application form should be clear and of good quality. Application received without photographs will be rejected.
Note:- The candidates can apply only for one entry out of Cook, Steward & Topass in one batch. Candidates who send more than one application for the same entry or apply for more than one examination centre will be disqualified. In Case of difficulty contact Recruitment Cell, DMPR, Integrated Headquarters, MoD (Navy), Sena Bhawan, DHQ PO, New Delhi-110011. Telephone No.: 011 – 23793067
(a) Envelopes: The type of entry, choice of centre and choice of branch is to be clearly written on top of the envelope containing the application. Envelopes should be of brown colour.
Example: MR/NMR 02/2014, STATE – MAHARASTRA, BRANCH – STEWARD
(b) List of Documents: The following documents are to be punched and tied firmly with a strong thread to the application in the sequence below: -
(i) Attested copy of Matric certificate, if not held then Date of Birth certificate by Class – I Gazetted Officer.
(ii) Attested copy of Mark sheet as per Educational Qualification (Attested by District Education Officer for below Matric and Gazetted Officer for Matric).
(iii) One self-addressed envelops of size 22 x 10 cms with Rs 10/- stamp affixed on one envelope.
(iv) One photocopy of Domicile Certificate attested by Gazetted Officer is to be enclosed along with the application.
Note. Attesting Officer’s name with office address and seal should be clear and legible.
15. POSTAL ADRESS FOR SENDING APPLICATIONS
All applications are to be addressed to Post Box as given below.
POST OFFICE – LODHI ROAD
NEW DELHI – 110 003
Note: Navy may allot any suitable centre. Further, Navy will not be responsible for any postal delay/loss of any documents during transit.